Checking out Callander

It was raining in Callander when I had my break from work and since there was a hour to spare and fortunately had my car I took a drive into town and parked up on the square. Callander, also knows as the 'Gateway to the Highlands' has FOUR charity shops within 50 meters of one another on the main street. I visited Cancer Research UK, PDSA Shop and the Strathcarron Hospice Retail ltd.

Strathcarron Hospice Retail ltd

"the one that always has a wedding dress on display"  
The shop right next to the square and Rob Roy museum is a hard one to miss when there is always a poofy wedding dress popping out in the window display. In fact when walking into the shop you straight away notice the section it has in place especially for party dresses, wedding hats and even fancy cocktail dresses. There wasn't a huge clothes selection however, but it did have a child's section which was a good size which you don't normally see in charity shops. I managed to pick up something I liked, but not a lot caught my eye.  

PDSA Shop 

"the wee blue one that has always been there" 
The PDSA charity shop in Callander is probably one of the first Charity Shops I have ever been in and it is also probably the most stereotypical. Unfortunately iIdidn't find anything I particularly liked, the selection wasn't great and I found a lot of the clothes i picked up where either too worn or from the likes of H&M, new look and Primark which are brands not worth buying second hand. 

Cancer Research UK 

"the bright big blue one that's new to town"  
My last stop, and probably my best. The shop has just opened in the last couple of years and the floor layout is open and spacious, which made me feel more relaxed when being surrounded by different brands and styles, from bomber jackets by Adidas to jump suites by Mango. All the clothes were in good condition and a lot of pieces were brand new with tags. As far as I could see there were no cheap brands like in the PDSA and I left a happy customer with 4 different pieces.

 Jumper - Brand New - Isle - £4.75
 Cardigan - GAP - £5
 Trousers - Italian made - £3.75
 Dress - Brand New - H&M - £4.75
Scarf - Ralph Lauren - £3.50

T-shirt - John Richmond - £3.75


Comments

Popular Posts

Pageviews